[As explained in the event by Apple’s officials]
Apple Last year had 62% market share in tablets, now 68%. iPad accounts for 91% of web traffic from tablets.
App Store now has over 700k apps, 250k written specifically for iPad.
Jony Ive: “Never before have we built a product with this level of fit and finish”
- Old apps run letterboxed with black borders on either side.All existing apps just work, but they’ve given some developers early access.
- Wireless: Added HSPA+, DC-HSDPA, and LTE. Single chip for voice and data, and a single radio chip.
- It has Dual channel Wi-Fi up to 150 Mbps. New A6 chip CPU twice as fast as A5, graphics 2x faster, 22% smaller.
- It’s is Made entirely of glass and aluminum. Unlike anything else in the industry.
- It’s the “thinnest smartphone in the world” Depth-7.6mm, Weight-112g, 4inch Screen, Retina display 326ppi, 1136×640 pixels with prices (in USD): 16GB $199, 32GB $299, 64GB $399.
- FaceTime camera is now HD FaceTime calls are available over cell connection
- The camera is called iSight, includes new low light mode. Bar flies everywhere cheer, its 25% smaller, 8 megapixel, backside illuminated, IR filter, f/2.4. Dynamic low light mode, precision lens alignment, etc. Showing a 28-megapixel image it creates seamless transitions, even if you shake as you pan. Camera also improved for video. 1080p HD, improved stabilization, face detection, TAKE PHOTOS WHILE RECORDING VIDEO. Front-facing camera is now 720p HD, backside illuminated. FaceTime over cellular (depending on carrier).
- Available in black and white. White version has raw aluminum back; black one has black anodized back.
- Gaming Apple showed off Real Racing 3….Porsche GT3 racing at Laguna Seca. “Full console quality” with Realtime reflections, rear-view mirrors, etc. Showing two-player asynchronous racing.
- Battery life: exceeds iPhone 4S. 8 hours talk time or browsing, 10 hours, Wi-Fi browsing.
- Showing untouched photos from iPhone 5. Shared photo streams. Most amazing new feature is PANORAMA
- 3 microphones…front, bottom, and back with superior voice recognition and noise cancelation. Improved speaker design…20% smaller.
- New dock connector called Lightning. All-digital, 8-signal design with adaptive interface, improved durability, reversible.
The #iphone5 will be available on sept 21st, you can pre order it on the 14th http://is.gd/3nuLVS in US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore with two dozen more countries on the 28th, 20 more next month making it the fastest rollout ever. iOS 6 arrives September 19th for existing iphones
iPod Nano and iPod Touch
26 million songs available, 20 billion songs purchased number 1 music store in world, 63 countries.
435 million iTunes accounts, 60% of download come from mobile showing off new iTunes Store iPad view with carousel feature navigation.
Over 200 million people now use iTunes in the Cloud. 15 billion pieces of content served from the cloud, today’s new version of iTunes.
iCloud integration…built right into iTunes. Watch movie on iPad, pick up where you left off on your Mac.
- Reinventing the iPod nano. Large display, thin and light, 5.4 mm thick, Lightning connector, Bluetooth now included…wireless audio streaming. Longest battery life ever in a nano…30 hours music, FM tuner with pause and rewind. View photos and videos. Fitness and pedometer built in.
- iPod Touch. World’s most popular music player, but also most popular game player. 175,000 games, 150 million Game Center players., 6.1 mm thick, 88 grams. Thinnest and lightest iPod touch ever. Brushed aluminum on back, same 4-inch display as iPhone., A5 chip…dual-core processor, 2x faster CPU, dual-core graphics are 7x faster than old iPod touch. 40 hours music playback, 8 hours video. New camera…5 MP iSight, backside illuminated, f/2.4, sapphire lens, panorama mode. Siri now supported on iPod touch. Five different colors…aluminum, black, blue, yellow, red. Color coordinated loop bracelets.
Prices are $49 shuffle 2GB, $149 nano, 16GB, $199/$249 old iPod touch 16/32GB, $299/$399 new iPod touch 32/64GB. The new nano and touch will be launching in October and also Product RED versions of each of the three iPod models.